The Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Foundation, Inc’s mission is to provide aid and encouragement to charitable organizations* which (1) carry on their activities and work principally in Washington County, Maryland, and help worthy individuals (a) continue their education, (b) establish themselves in business, (c) overcome adversities, or (d) maintain or support themselves or their families; and (2) enhance the quality of life in Washington County, Maryland.
* Individuals do not qualify for grants.
Questions may be directed to William P. Young, Jr., Executive Director, The Fletcher Foundation, P.O. Box 1295 (Suite 501, 82 West Washington Street), Hagerstown, Maryland 21741-1295, Telephone 240.452.1783, or email him at email@example.com.
Instructions: please read these instructions before completing the grant application.
- Only charitable organizations which carry on their activities and work principally in Washington County and for charitable purposes that benefit the residents of Washington County will be considered.
- Grant applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m., 30 October of each year.
- The directors will review all applications and will make awards in December of each year.
- Each applicant will be notified of the board’s decision before 30 December of each year.
- Awards will be distributed in either January or July of the following year.
- The directors reserve the right to distribute one-half of the grant in January and the balance of the grant in July.
- The directors reserve the right to ask the applicant to submit its latest balance sheet and statement of revenues and expenses.
- Please click on Apply Now below to begin your application. The first time you are using this new system (beginning in calendar year 2019), you will click on the “New Applicant?” below the email box. A new box will open where you will enter your email and create your password. Please keep this information for future reference.
- You may print your applications before clicking submit by right clicking on the mouse. A window that offers “print” should pop up. After printing the application, you must click Submit. If you fail to click Submit, your application will not be submitted and will not be considered.
- Immediately after you submit your grant application, you will receive an email confirmation.